Courgettes are easy and tasty to grill, and this recipe uses pesto and goats’ cheese to add extra layers of flavour.
4 large courgettes
1 tbsp salt
1 clove garlic
50g pine nuts
50g fresh basil
1 tsp sea salt
100ml rapeseed oil
Juice ½ lemon
20g grated hard cheese such as Parmesan or Pecorino
25g pine nuts – toasted
Zest ½ lemon
One small handful of flaked hard cheese
60g soft goat’s cheese or curd
Parsley & mint – about 2 tbsp of each, roughly chopped
1. Using a mandolin or sharp knife slice the courgettes lengthways into thin slices and sprinkle over salt. Place into colander to allow excess water to drain away.
2. Blend the ingredients for the pesto and set aside.
3. After 30-60 minutes remove the courgette slices and if they are still wet use some kitchen towel to pat them dry.
4. Grill the courgette slices over direct heat until charred, don’t worry if they look dry to begin with, they will loosen with the oil in the pesto.
5. Gently mix the grilled courgette slices with the pesto to ensure all sides are coated.
6. Place on a plate and scatter the toasted pine nuts, lemon zest, and hard cheese, using a spoon place small dollops of the soft goat’s cheese or curd. Sprinkle with herbs.
We'd love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Why not be the first to review it?
note your review will not appear immediately upon submission
There are no videos linked to this story
There are no audio files linked to this story
There are no image galleries linked to this story
Join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with everything that is going on at BBQ HQ.
Every now and again, we'll email you the latest BBQ news, new recipes to try, BBQ community news, and a preview of what is coming in our next edition.
Simply fill in the form opposite - we won't bombard you with click bait, and you can opt out at any time.
Copyright ©2022 The BBQ Magazine. All rights reserved. The BBQ Magazine is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13094123.