Ooni Winter 2022 Join us on @thebbqmag
If you're a fan of classic Italian cuisine with a twist, you're in for a real treat! Ooni, the experts in all things pizza, have crafted a mouth-watering Roast Butternut Squash Ricotta Pizza recipe, sure to satisfy even the most discerning of palates. This delectable dish features the nutty sweetness of roast butternut squash, paired with the creamy richness of ricotta, and finished with a sprinkle of chilli and sage, for a flavour combination that truly sets this pizza apart.
Yield: makes 1 x 12” pizza
4x 250-gram dough balls (Ooni’s Sourdough Doughballs can be purchased via its website)
200g butternut squash, peeled & roasted
40g mozzarella, torn into small pieces
Handful fresh sage leaves
1. Make sure to prepare your dough ahead of time to ensure it rises at room temperature before firing up your oven
2. Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 500˚C on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature inside your oven quickly and easily using an Infrared Thermometer.
3. Using a small amount of flour, dust your pizza peel. Stretch the pizza dough ball out to 12” and lay it out on your pizza peel. Top with the mozzarella, squash, and sage leaves.
4. Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven, making sure to rotate the pizza regularly
5. Once cooked, remove the pizza from the oven. Finish with a spoonful of the ricotta, a sprinkle of chilli flakes to taste and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve straight away.
We'd love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Why not be the first to review it?
note your review will not appear immediately upon submission
There are no videos linked to this story
There are no audio files linked to this story
There are no image galleries linked to this story
Join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with everything that is going on at BBQ HQ.
Every now and again, we'll email you the latest BBQ news, new recipes to try, BBQ community news, and a preview of what is coming in our next edition.
Simply fill in the form opposite - we won't bombard you with click bait, and you can opt out at any time.