This dish works well served with Tzatziki and flatbreads
500g minced venison
2 tbs breadcrumbs
1 small grated or finely chopped onion
2 tsp dried mint
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, mix minced venison, onion and breadcrumbs until well combined. Then mix in the cumin, chilli, paprika, dried mint, oregano and salt.
2. Divide the mixture in to 6 equal balls. Using your hands firmly shake balls around the metal skewers making sure the meat is spread to an even thickness.
3. Preheat barbecue for direct high heat.
4. Once hot brush the cooking grate clean using a grill brush. Cook for 10 minutes, or until cooked through, turning halfway
5. This works well served with a tzatziki and flatbread.
We'd love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Why not be the first to review it?
note your review will not appear immediately upon submission
There are no videos linked to this story
There are no audio files linked to this story
There are no image galleries linked to this story
Join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with everything that is going on at BBQ HQ.
Every now and again, we'll email you the latest BBQ news, new recipes to try, BBQ community news, and a preview of what is coming in our next edition.
Simply fill in the form opposite - we won't bombard you with click bait, and you can opt out at any time.
Copyright ©2022 The BBQ Magazine. All rights reserved. The BBQ Magazine is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13094123.