The ultimate meeting of east coast America and the classic British roast chicken. This smoked chicken is effortless witht the Wireless Smart METER Thermonmeter.
100ml hot sauce (medium heat)
40g unsalted butter
2 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp of your favourite BBQ rub
1 whole free range chicken
1. Set up your BBQ for smoking. Ideal temp for this recipe is around 125°C. We like to use applewood with chicken but you can choose the wood that best suits you.
2. In a pan, over direct, low heat, slowly melt the butter until it’s in its delicious liquid form – being careful so it does not split, as you will have to start again – then slowly stir in the hot sauce until combined
3. Once the butter and hot sauce are well mixed, add the vinegar, worcester sauce and BBQ rub and again stir slowly until well combined. Then set aside.
4. Place you chicken on the grill, setting up your MEATER to 'Whole chicken' and inserting the probe fully into the thickest part of the breast.
5. Close the lid and allow the chicken to take on smoke, cooking indirectly until your MEATER notifies you that there are 5 minutes left of the cook.
6. Open the lid of the BBQ and brush the chicken all over with the sauce, getting into all of the nooks and elbows of the bird. Reclose the lid and await the notification to remove from heat.
7. Removing the chicken, put in a warm place to rest until ready to carve.
8. Serve with celery sticks, the remainder of the sauce and a big helping of fries for the ultimate meeting of east coast America and the classic British roast chicken.
We'd love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Why not be the first to review it?
note your review will not appear immediately upon submission
There are no videos linked to this story
There are no audio files linked to this story
There are no image galleries linked to this story
Join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with everything that is going on at BBQ HQ.
Every now and again, we'll email you the latest BBQ news, new recipes to try, BBQ community news, and a preview of what is coming in our next edition.
Simply fill in the form opposite - we won't bombard you with click bait, and you can opt out at any time.
Copyright ©2022 The BBQ Magazine. All rights reserved. The BBQ Magazine is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13094123.