Try this delicious Monfish recipe from Phil Yeomans Executive Chef at Lainston House.
1kg monkfish tail (cut into cubes)
4 cooking chorizo links (sliced into rings)
Salt and pepper to season
2 tbsp smoked paprika
Juice of 1 lime
½ tsp cayenne pepper
100ml olive oil
YOGHURT FLATBREAD INGREDIENTS
400g bread flour
400g Greek yoghurt
1 tsp baking powder
50g fresh coriander, chopped
CRUSHED AVOCADO INGREDIENTS
Juice of 1 lime
10g fresh coriander
Salt to taste
½ tsp cumin
2 tbsp crème fraîche
ROMESCO PEPPER SALSA INGREDIENTS
200g pine nuts
400g roasted peppers
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tsp smoked paprika
1. Mix all ingredients well together in a bowl, place on skewers alternating monkfish tail and chorizo.
2. Grill direct over the coals, getting some colour all over the skewers. Once nicely seared, move to indirect.
3. Leave on indirect heat until the monkfish is cooked. I cook the fish to 60°C internal temp and let it rest; this cooks through perfect with the chorizo cooked as well.
1. Mix the yoghurt, coriander, flour and baking powder together; knead on a board until a smooth dough.
2. Place in a bowl and cover. Leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour.
3. Knock the dough back, split into 4 and roll out, using some flour, to a flatbread, allow resting for 30 minutes before cooking. n Cook indirect on your BBQ at 200°C.
1. Skin the avocado, remove the stone, crush the avocado with a fork, and chop the coriander.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
ROMESCO PEPPER SALSA
1. Toast the pine nuts in a pan on the grill.
2. Roast peppers direct on charcoal.
3. Peel and core the peppers and dice into small cubes.
4. Deseed the tomato; dice into small cubes
5. Mix the pepper, tomato and pine nuts together; chop and add the garlic.
6. Add the vinegar and paprika (and salt to taste). Garnish the top with fresh watercress.
We'd love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Why not be the first to review it?
note your review will not appear immediately upon submission
There are no videos linked to this story
There are no audio files linked to this story
There are no image galleries linked to this story
Join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with everything that is going on at BBQ HQ.
Every now and again, we'll email you the latest BBQ news, new recipes to try, BBQ community news, and a preview of what is coming in our next edition.
Simply fill in the form opposite - we won't bombard you with click bait, and you can opt out at any time.
Copyright ©2023 The BBQ Magazine. All rights reserved. The BBQ Magazine is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13094123.