You’ll need some decent skewers. I like to use flattened metal ones in the wood oven as the usual bamboo or wooden ones catch fire too easily. The flattening also helps stop the food rotating as you turn it.
Swrves 2-3, Oven Temperature – medium hot
Oil, for greasing
2 large chicken breasts, approx. 400g
A few glugs of teriyaki sauce
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
½ fresh pineapple
1. Slice the chicken into very thin strips across the grain (widthways).
2. Place the chicken in a bowl and add a few good slugs of teriyaki until the chicken is well coated. Set aside in the fridge while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
3. Deseed the peppers, then cut into 2cm squares.
4. Peel and core the pineapple, then cut into 2cm cubes.
5. Take your skewers and thread on a piece of chicken in a concertina fashion so it gathers up like a ribbon.
6. Next, add a piece of pepper, followed by another piece of chicken, then a pineapple cube.
7. Continue in this manner until you’ve filled your skewers.
8. Lightly wipe over a baking tray with oil and then pre-heat in the oven.
9. Add the skewers and slide in.
10. Continue to turn until almost cooked through, add a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
11. Continue cooking until the chicken reaches 75°C/167°F in the thickest part – around 8 minutes in total.
We'd love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Why not be the first to review it?
note your review will not appear immediately upon submission
There are no videos linked to this story
There are no audio files linked to this story
There are no image galleries linked to this story
Join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with everything that is going on at BBQ HQ.
Every now and again, we'll email you the latest BBQ news, new recipes to try, BBQ community news, and a preview of what is coming in our next edition.
Simply fill in the form opposite - we won't bombard you with click bait, and you can opt out at any time.
Copyright ©2022 The BBQ Magazine. All rights reserved. The BBQ Magazine is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13094123.